Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone overnighting this weekend and want to stay in touch out there?

I'm looking at going out Saturday midday and staying the night. Not sure where yet - but probably Dog/Balt/Poormans area. Would like to find BFT/YFT - but hate fishing in the crowds that will likely be there with good weather and the OCTT.

I know its OCTT, but would appreciate any recent reports... (I'm not fishing the tournament...).

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mako-Im not overnighting but am fishing saturday.I fished the dog and bone last week and finally found my bft in on the 20f line.Thats where im starting this week.I believe the crowds will be a little lighter inshore this week.If you want a report from sat morn call the Tightrope on ch1 on your way out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do...

My thought was to start inside as well - and work out hoping to get there late in the day when the crowd thins... Thinking of working towards a sunset chunk on the dog....

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Trying to put something together in mine or buddies boat. We both have 21' ers but looks flat with small chance of storms. Plan looks similar head out mid day, maybe jig some sea bass and start trolling E at around 4 or 5 from the 20 line and end up at the dog. Will have a flat of bunker and butters if we go. To reach us on 1 give a shout to Johnny O.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Anyone overnighting this weekend and want to stay in touch out there?

I'm looking at going out Saturday midday and staying the night. Not sure where yet - but probably Dog/Balt/Poormans area. Would like to find BFT/YFT - but hate fishing in the crowds that will likely be there with good weather and the OCTT.

I know its OCTT, but would appreciate any recent reports... (I'm not fishing the tournament...).
Sat overnighter is my plan as of right now if the weather forecast holds......but it is subject to change to a day trip Saturday or Sunday as well, pending circumstances. It looks like the bluefin are inshore, around the 20 fathom line. There were bluefin spotted earlier this week at the Old Grounds by flounder fisherman, who also were catching mahi on bottom rigs.......that's only 10-12 miles out from Indian River Inlet.
Looks like there has been a decent bite again at the Dog as well, but I would look for that to end once there are two hundred boats there this weekend.
I'm thinking about starting at the 20 line for BF Sat evening, then working towards the dog in the late afternoon for a overnight chunk at the dog (unless we get on fish somewhere before that). Then hitting the dog at first light on the troll, and working away from there as the crowds roll in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What's everyone seeing for tomorrow. Not doesn't look bad south of Chinco by mid day

Saturday looks good for a day trip

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone tried lumpy/parking lot/30 fa wash lumps lately?

Trying to come up with a plan to avoid the hot dog crowds, and catch the late BE bite in the wash given that tournament boats will be gone...

·
Registered
839 Posts
What is buoyweather showing for Sunday now? NOAA and Fishweather are showing deteriorating conditions Sunday, at least out in the canyon area. Inshore doesn't look as bad, but still not as good as tomorrows forecast. Trying to decide if I should stick with a Sat overnighter, or do a day trip tomorrow.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hollywood - me too now... Overnight still looks ok on the northern lump, decidedly less so in the Washington...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
On vacation in chincoteague with the family. Taking my niece sharking near the parking lot. May try to drag a green machine and cedar plugs on my way there.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm now looking at either spending the night on the dog or in the Balt hoping for a big bite, and sat afternoon/sun am looking for BFT/YFT inshore.

Looks like northern areas are good to go weather wise - and gets worse further south.

Anyone have reports/chloro shots for the Baltimore? Haven't heard anything about it, but with BEs to the north and south, there have to be some there as well.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not going in the morning. Not sure about tomorrow night yet, will wait til tomorrow morning and decide then based on updated reports. Mako, let me know what you decide and what channel you'll be on. If we go I'm planning on staying away from the crowds.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Picked up 2 nice Mahi between 26 and the navy bouys

Lost the biggest wahoo I've seen at the gaff.

Had a few other short strikes. Otherwise a wet day dodging the rain showers.

Rough ride coming back In

·
Registered
145 Posts
An easy 40 lbs. pretty sure a citation. I'm comparing to s Cobia I caught . His tail was at transom and gaff at my second rod holder

I started picking up with gaff, must not had a good bite and he thrashed once more , threw the hook and gaff

He was on a purple Joe Shute, no wire. Nice 25 Minute fight.

We weren't far from the Navy Bouys when he hit. Just barely had them in sight

1 - 19 of 19 Posts