Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the big deal? Any idiot can catch a rockfish, it does not take skill, or an intergalactic being, these are very dumb fish that do not fight very well. They eat everything! But everyone makes a big deal of catching the oversized mullet?Yes, I am bored, and tired of reading about the great achievements of non fishin dumb asses catchin big, dumb fish! They are very easy to catch!!!!!Go head and blast away but if you want to impress somebody, pick a different species! I think of rockfish as a pest, they eat all the other fish I would like to catch. And there are many other fish that we catch around here that taste much better! I really do not have anything better to do right now, so I will just vent on the non fishin beaches that try to glorify the lowly rockfish.
Capt Black Pete
Pyrate of the Chesapeake:D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well then....... I suggest you go out tomorrow and catch something other than the oversized mullet (Morone Saxatails) and then come back and post a report. Otherwise, STFU.:D

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Pete....go find me a king!!!!

Im with ya as well, the first few trips are ok, but after that.....NO THANK YOU! If I want to fish in a crowd I'll drop a rig over at harborfest!

did you ever get your grouper pics?

Danny

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Ready the starboard canon!!!! Ready the boarding crew!! Remember men, take NO prisoners as our adversary is a wiley, crafty old Son of a *****! He gives no Quarter and will be given none. He lives under the sign of the Tarpon. He bears the scars of a thousand mosquitoe bites. His toes are missing from the crabs that got out of his bait box while toggin'. His breath carries the stench of a hundred Menhaden, washed down by Corona. He brushes his teeth with Capt. Morgan's best. He skin is the color of Old Bay! His eyes hold the fire of Texas Pete of whom he is no relation.

He has the grin of a Great White and the snarl of a Junkyard Dog. A more worthy opponent will not be found this side of the Hebrides and north of Guantanamo.

So bare your cutlass and show him your arses. Let the battle begin! Take down the mainmast and shred the mizzen. It's going to be a great day to die! He is afflicted with Freezer Burn and we do him a great service today!!!:D

How the hell are ya, Pete?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Pete, you are absolutely right.

But them dang dogs are all over the wrecks, all over the tile grounds, all over the canyons walls. I just am not into trips like last winter 10 dogs for every keep BSB or tile. Hey, it's something to pass the time while old man winter visits us. Once the dogs move out I'll be back out there.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Pete rocks are just rocks. but that's incidental to the overall exp. of fishing. i always said I'd never do this for a living afraid I'd lose my desire to fish. fish being the key word. or like Jamie put it, the camaraderie.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Please note,

Capt. Black Pete BEGAN and ENDED his post with a GRIN! There is an art to trolling. Pete doesn't troll......but he does CHUNK!!!:clapping2:

He'll catch some big ones!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
ar-ite Captn Pete, Ill go catch sum dumb grouper and dumb tile fish and sum dumb black sea bass and tell yah all about it tomorrow!!! Maybe will run in to sum big dumb tuna and sum big dumb chub chub`s and sum dumb black belly rose fish, what eles is dumb out their that only stupid could catch! Im just kidn around, I am running offshore tomorrow thoe!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aye, Matey!

How bout 6 sails off a kite in2 days, or maybe a 18- 8 tog that fight a might better, and as table fare does me well! And a 7-14 trout{speckle For you dumdazzes) Now want to go broadside! I dont think so! And for me mate, SANITY, he knows of what he speaks!He may sail with me on any adventure! Just tryin to stoke the fire!:D

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Pete, you old salty dog

Are your arms starting to burn from all the reelin'? Using Power Pro again, are ye?:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts