Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about doing some fishing between the shipping channel and the mouth of the Wic. in about three weeks. Never really fished the area. Any advice on what to target, where and best methods.

·
Registered
195 Posts
In the area that you specifically mention I would imagine that you will be targeting croaker and trout. Drifting south or inside GW 1 with squid is probably your best bet for croaker. Jigging at the Asphalt Pile or in the many deep sloughs inside the shipping channel could produce some trout. If you target the artificial reefs in the area, you can expect to catch stripers chumming. Catching other species this time of year is easier than targeting them, and catching them isn't easy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the next few weeks you can catch all the rocks you want chumming at the Northern Neck reef. I is about 3 miles north of the bouy 62 on the eastern side of the channel. If you want bottom fish try squid around the GW1 bouy on the west side of the channel. Also trolling around the Smith Point bouy will produce Rockfish and later in the year you can catch Spanish Mackeral and Blues trolling that area. If you have more questions let me know as I have a house on the Wicomico and am down every weekend.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts