Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started inside the Poormans on the cold side of the break in 70 degree green water and boated 2 Dolphin right out of the gate. We kept working toward the canyon and found the bluer (still blue-green) 74 degree water right in the deep water in the center of the canyon. It wasn't as blue as what I seen the night before on rip charts but it looked pretty good. We hunted around and finally got bit right in the center of the canyon, a screamer on the shot gun bait but pulled off and the fish came back and hit it again (******). We turned around, reset, and ran over the numbers and there he is again on the right long, feed him and we're tight on a white. 2 more came up on the left long and left short and we pulled one off, came tight on another but quickly lost him too. We ended up getting the first one to the boat for some quick pics and the release. We decided to keep paddling North up the 100 hitting some old Longfin and Wahoo numbers that have produced in years past but no love. We decided to pick up and run the remaining 6 miles to the Baltimore and spend the rest of the day there. That canyon was dead as could be other than a few 2 tones here and there. Put it on the troll from the tip to Cape May and planned to troll until 5:00 and pick up. 4:30 in 35 fathoms we found a lost 25 lb yft. I haven't seen a yft in the dead zone between the Washington and Hudson since June. We gave it another 30 min and did mark more tuna in this area but didn't get any other bites. It's quiet possible if you spent the day in that area you might be able to scratch a catch together on the smaller 35" yft that we sometimes get this time of year around the tea cup but who who knows. I didn't hear any good Hudson or Washington reports so maybe these fish will slide into our area and we will get a late shot here in the Baltimore or Wilmington. You couldn't ask for better weather in October than what we had yesterday!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts