Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm a kayak fisherman in Wilmington, NC. I've been doing it for about 4 years now. My kayak is a mango Tarpon 140 and I fish mainly spinning tackle for red drum and flounder. I hope I can show you guys some good stuff from here in south east NC and also see some good stuff from everyone else. Is there anyone else here from nearby?

My question about Virginia Beach is about the tournament coming up in October. I've scoped the place out using Google Maps and some topo maps. I plan on competing and meeting some locals. I will be coming up the day before (maybe 2 days before) to pre-fish and find a place to stay. I'd like to have someone show me around and would return the favor for anyone who may come down my way for our tournaments.

Anyways, thanks for the help and hello.
Ashley, Druminator

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
DRUMMY...BEACH here...call me at werk...I can give you the low down...1-800-766-0497 x320 I live and YAK fish VBEACH...welcome to the board...

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Good to have you aboard DRUM! Check out www.tkaa.org for more local kayak fishing info.

Ill be in Ocean Isle (On my way down to Titusvill FL for EET) from Aug 20-24 give me a yell 757-403-0734.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome Drum. Glad to have you on board. I am in Va Beach too and Vice President of the Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association (TKAA). I was a Kayak fishign GUide for Wild River Outfitters for a bit here in the Tidewater area so if you wanna talk email me, or call 757-748-9425. Looking forward to meeting you in Oct.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I'm really excited about going to this tournament. I'm hoping to start traveling around more for the purposes of fishing and competing. I'm only about 2 hours or so from Virginia Beach when I'm at school. If the fishing is really good you may see more of me [grin] I may try a September trip if I can.

I've been visiting the TKAA website. I'm keeping my eyes on Kevin and am going to look for him when he gets up near my area.

Corey, I will try and get up with you while you are in Ocean Isle. I'm moving back up to school around the 23rd so if I'm still here I'll call you.

My # is 910-540-3205.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Drum I forgtot that you were an ECU student, that is my alma mater! Go Pirates!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ARRRGGHHHH MATEY!!! We play Duke this year for our first game. If you come down for any games let me know. We'll have a tailgating spot for you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts