Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you guys used the Double X mag. load that winchester use to have for duck hunting? I used to use them for duck hunting when they were legal and that was the tightest shooting load I've ever seen. I tried to reload a shell as good, but to no avail, not even a 3 inch mag. would match it. Usually you can match a load or better it by reloading , but not that one. It had a buffer in the shot that must have been the secret allthough I think you can now buy buffer material. I found about 20 of my old shells the other day and plan to tare a turkeys' head off with one in the near future. Good hunting.

moe

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have used it alot for turkey hunting. I have always had great success with the patterns. Supposedly their new Extended range Hi density shot is the bomb. But its expensive as hell. $30 for a box of 10.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You can still buy the stuff, for turkey, its deadly, and the cost per shell far less than hevi-shot. You could buy a box of 25 for turkey, and use it all season.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought they had quit making that shell, thanks for the info. guys, are they still made with lead shot?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hell, I used a 15 year old Remington Duplexe 4X6 this morning with untoppable success. If they are close enough and your gun shoots good thats all you need.

DEAN

·
Registered
770 Posts
Buy a box of 25 and last all season??
A box of 25 should last me 8 years.
3 birds a year times 8 years is 24 shots.That leaves me with one extra shot.[grin]

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've never gone turkey hunting, but use it on pheasant with devestating effects, so my math was off, but you got my drift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts