Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ement Brothers,
Well it finally happened, I went fishing again!!! On the way to work I decided to turn myself around and treat myself to a lovely stress free day on the Bay. My boat was a filthy mess from the cover being ripped off in all the wind and rain we had, but; it didn't deter me at all. When I got to Sandy Point the tide was way out there and the water was so low I almost couldn't get the boat off the trailer. I had already backed up to my tailpipes and had to put all that Bow-Flex'ing to work pushing my boat off the trailer. And after that I helped 2 more guys pudh there boats off their trailers. I must have been in a good mode couse one of the boats was a 27' Grady. Anyway when I got out to the BB, ES Monster Piling the current was ripping down the bay and the wind was blowing in the same direction making it almost impossible to fish. But with one hand on the throttle, one on the wheel and the other on my rod I managed a few casts into the raging water. And what happens....my BKD bit off at the hook and you all know what that means. Bluefish :censored: Stinking Rotten Bluefish. Anyway I switched to some heavy metal, started drifting from the ES-Monster piling to the ES-Rockpile and got at least 1 SR Blue on each drift. If I was fast with the pilers 2 SR Bluefish on each drift. Thank goodness I even had a pilers and my boat was already filthy because these bastages were puking all over the place. This lasted for a few hours and it got a little crowded there for awile. The drifts didn't take very long and some boats drifted faster then others, but; there was room enough for all. But without 1 measley striper for all my efforts.......it just shut down. By that time it was still windy anf the current was still ripping so I decided to bag it and spend some time trying to clean up my boat. Back at the ramp the water was still very low and maybe even lower then before. Got a workout on the winch before snugging the bow into the roller. Back at home a little work with the new gas power washer spiffed thnigs up a bit and a new blue poly tarp will help keep the leaves off until Monday whan I give it another go. You know....grilled fresh bluefish isn't that bad.....well now it's time to go running and ogle over B-faithfull's new clean J-27 with no rust on the trailer.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Brother Greybeard, Good to see you back on the water again. As for the bluefish, I think they have eaten all the rock. Them bastishes are everywhere. All in all, with your track record for mishaps, I'd say you had a great day, no breakdowns, no lost rods, you didn't fall out of the boat, no fingers lost to bluefish, sounds like life is good.:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Good to see you back in the saddle John.

:clap::D

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Guess those nice Grady guys thought you were dumping your boat and wanted to help make a new reef :D:D.

Glad you did not hurt yourself with the power washer :thumbup: and surprised you did not get bitten at least once by a Blue :pp.

We cuss them but they are still fun :thumbup:. Congrats on getting out - been missing your reports.Good luck on Monday - a clean boat always catches more ;-).

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eminent Brothers,
No indeed I didn't get bit this time. I got a set of these Braid off-set spring open pliers, with red handles, that worked GREAT. Plus I had a short releases where the bastages were flipping around so much they dehooked themselves. But a did hook up on a few 5 pound'ers that sure made it interesting. It's blowing pretty goos out there again, so; I'm watching the Red River Shoot-Out while SWMBO went shopping:clap:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hillbilly Boater,
You forgot to mention that no camera's were dropped over and also he didn't break any rods with his manly hook set... so he did very well.

Graybeard,
It is good to hear you got out, plus those bastages are better than a stinky skunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts