Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went out @ 12. 1.5' seas. .5' sea when I came in at 4. ( 1r off Gwynn's Island) Had tail bit off 2 storms. No fish in boat.
Sounds like some fish were being caught further up, I just did not want to ride that far for short trip.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
The National Weather Service is calling for SSE at 23k on Thursday. Check "Fishweather.com site for some useful info. Charlie.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Fishweather is calling for ESE at 3k at 07:00 a.m. Thursday. Go figure! I have found the fish weather site to be pretty accurate. However, the forecast is two days out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I look at both Fishweather and Windfinder and Fishweather seems to show worst case winds from what I've seen.

Charlie, We ran up to 59A and RP this morning then over to Tangier sound then down to the range light then back to RP today. Ended up with 4 fish today with the biggest at 29" but we had to work for them.

MG

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard a boat say they caught a nice one at turning bouy, wasn't ready to run. Plan to go to southern end of cut in morning.. My rider backed out so I hope to have short
2 fish trip.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Had hoped for shorttrip, been calling for 1' seas well,,, 4's,5,s and a 6 footer or 2- made me turn boat around and drag lines in York river channel (3-4') for a few hrs. Not much showing on screen pretty broken up . ( the bait & my back )

·
Registered
297 Posts
For small rec boaters dealing with manageable waves (3ft or less) typically any wave frequency 3x or more the wave height is a comfortable day on the water (excluding winds cross cutting tide flow, etc). Less than that will start jarring your insides.

Example: 2ft, 8 seconds = can do
2ft, 4 seconds = no thank you

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Went out @ 12. 1.5' seas. .5' sea when I came in at 4. ( 1r off Gwynn's Island) Had tail bit off 2 storms. No fish in boat.
Sounds like some fish were being caught further up, I just did not want to ride that far for short trip.
I look at both Fishweather and Windfinder and Fishweather seems to show worst case winds from what I've seen.

Charlie, We ran up to 59A and RP this morning then over to Tangier sound then down to the range light then back to RP today. Ended up with 4 fish today with the biggest at 29" but we had to work for them.

MG
Buddy ran up to 59a today, Nada. Trolled down and caught tons of keepers where I fished yesterday afternoon!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For small rec boaters dealing with manageable waves (3ft or less) typically any wave frequency 3x or more the wave height is a comfortable day on the water (excluding winds cross cutting tide flow, etc). Less than that will start jarring your insides.

Example: 2ft, 8 seconds = can do
2ft, 4 seconds = no thank you
thanks wag! makes sense

1 - 14 of 14 Posts