Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left dock at Norview Marina around 0730. Put out 4 Spanish rigs with Clark 00 spoons. Trolled Windmill Bar hooking right and trolled toward 2R. Passed 2R making a U turn heading back to Windmill Light. Got to light made left turn toward Stingray Point. No strikes at all. One planner knocked off, but no fish. Marked fish on the finder, but nothing that liked my baits. Menhaden boats were fishing just outside Rapp. Don't know if this was why there were no fish to be had. Anyway we pulled the trolling rigs and bottom fished for Spot around Buoy #5 (Spike). Fished with Bloodworms, Fishbites (Bloodworms) and Nightcrawlers. Didn't see any difference in bite on Bloodworms or Fishbites. (50/50) After real Bloodworms ran out we started using Nightcrawlers. Bite never changed. Ended day with 40 Spot and call it a day because of the heat.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JP,
Most of the markings were close to the bottom. The fishfinder was a Eagle. One of them that show little fish on the screen. It was showing many different sizes. There were a few marks off the bottom about 5 ft. up. Nothing marked near the top that I would expect to see a spanish. The water was really warm. So I can't imagine a fish anywhere near the upper level. Talked to a fisherman at the dock and they caught 8 Spanish on Sunday.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm thinkin that those marks that you were seeing was probably the "dead" water, which is much denser than oxygenated water, therefore sinking-- its somewhat like a thermocline, and can show up on sonar- ive seen it a few times myself out there so far- and itll only get worse before it gets better [sad] -be sure to keep the baits out of that dead water- sure as heck wont catch anything in that mess [sad] [sad]
JP
"KwikRelease"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts