Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting a chance to get out Sat weather permitting,thinking of Windmill Bar in persuit of that man in brown suit.Anyone having any luck ??
Sharon Lea
urbanna:bigfish:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think I will give that a go as well, depends how that goes I break off early and do some trolling. Ive spent my last 4 trips anchored on the bar. Granted I did get a 47" but its awfully boring sitting all day.
The biggest I have heard from that area was a 77lber. ,

·
Registered
913 Posts
Let us know what you come up with , I would like to go Friday but not sure. Its a pain with these storms that keep popping up.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Last Sunday while launching the boat one boat had a 40' brownsuit and while fishing WM bar a boat was catching them as well. We couldn't catch a spot or croaker on the shelf(only rays),so make sure you have some live spot prior to setting out!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Last Sunday while launching the boat one boat had a 40' brownsuit and while fishing WM bar a boat was catching them as well. We couldn't catch a spot or croaker on the shelf(only rays),so make sure you have some live spot prior to setting out!
I have had the same problem. 4 weeks in a row and I have not caught a bottom fish over there yet. The one and only cobia i did catch we had stopped short and filled the live well first.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had no luck 2 weeks ago. Huge rays kept taking my cut menhaden. Will try again on saturday or sunday. No livewell on my boat but I am going to do my best to rig one up and catch a few spot.

I am going to try for spanish one day. I know its early but someone's got to see if they are around!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to head that way Saturday and Sunday for a mix of trolling and chumming, what tide seems to be the best for catching the cobia if any? Would like the best shot at it without spending my whole day on the hook if there are spanish to be had.
Thanks, Triton

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sanflea,
I have always used live eels on a fish finder rig on the bottom and that's how I caught all my fish. I haven't caught shark yet. I caught on Ray but I am thinking the eel wasn't moving so much so it was easy for the ray to eat. I never use cut bait since there are so many rays out there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts