Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info they are willing to share about the Man in the Brown Suit,are they still around.I 'm thinking of trying
again this Sat looks we are going to have light winds out of the South.Don't know if worth while but thinking about it,if no luck maybe try for spanish. Any Thoughs ?????
Sharon Lea

·
Registered
2 Posts
We caught a few good fish weekend before last. It blew last Saturday we couldn't get out and didn't fish Sunday. I did speak with 3 boats that did fish the Bar Sunday, no good reports.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
producer2,
Thank you for the reply & hey charlie for the message.It sure did blow last sat,wife & I rode to Deltaville down to Stingray Point Man she was rolling like the ocean with than dang N.E.wind.Sure We will try sat morning weather permitting if you go give us a shout we will let you know if we are doing anything!

Sharon Lea
Bethpage

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sharon lea - no reason they should not still be here. Weekend before last we set up well west of where we have been anchoring (been pretty close to the eastern edge of the Bar) and caught three in two hours and THAT hasn't happened before so I will be trying Saturday as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You guys fishing all eels? Tried 2 weekends ago, and just covered up in rays, must have had 20 around my boat, switched to all eels and they just soaked until i headed in....caught 5 rays the weekend before but only had cut bait

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tycharlie,
yes I'll be using eels & also try a chunk of Mehaden on bottom,usually keep two spinning rods ready with bucktail in case I see him crusing with rays ,
however I have been twice so far this year & nothing to show for it,maybe something will change this weekend.I would love to have a few small sppot to put on top with ballons,but bottom fishing up around Urbanna where I'm at has been terrible last couple of weeks.
Sharon Lea
Bethpage

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
( York spit area) Bet I saw at least 20 today! one or 2 were under a turtle.. rough as all get-out, but cobia were on top in groups.
A friend uses live croaker some but when he cleaned a fish he caught on croaker.. It had 4 crab in belly.

·
Registered
207 Posts
As the summer has progressed I have eliminated cut bait and am almost 100% croakers. They don't seem to be as pestered by sharks and rays and I don't think it's costing me fish. I haven't yet found the nerve to leave the dock with -0- eels but am almost there. In addition to proven cobia appeal, croakers live forever, don't tangle themselves in the leader, are easy to handle, and they're free. I suspect they sound-out a panicky grunt when they see a cobia and that can't hurt either.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also went Sunday Morning Man it was BEAUTIFUL out,anchored up just west of light,NOTHING no shark no ray nothing.Left around 1:30 headed back.
Did manage to get Seagull in lines feeding in chum line,we had to bring him to boat to untangle & was not a happy fellow.I think I'm Done trying for Mr.
Cobia.Friend trolled several hours Sun morning for macks & all he caught were a few small blues.Fishing in River not doing very well either,Buddy of mine
charters & he has been cancelling trips due to the poor fishing. Hope something changes soon!!!!!
sharon Lea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts