Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the weather report for the weekend and decided to fish last night before the blow. Left the dock at 5:30 pm and ran out to Windmill bar. Saw lots of bait and landed 7 blues on grubs and stingsilvers. Grub tails needed to be replaced on almost every hookup. Stingsilvers were more durable, but less productive. Saw one other boat who was doing the same except he had caught one throw back striper. It appears that rockfish aren't in our area in large numbers yet. Ran back home in the dark. I was concerned about the gill nets which are prolific this time of year, but escaped any mishap. Cleaned fish on the dock after dark, most were approx 14-16 inches . Hope to smoke them Saturday.

Charlie

·
Registered
2 Posts
First striper of season

Went out Wed and caught lots of spot near barge bueoy Anchored under bridge and caught one keeper striper on live spot

Macafish

·
Registered
24 Posts
fished 10/16.weather awesome, fishing not so hot.all i picked up at the hole were small spot/croaker.the spike was better but slow.15 nice spot.tried live lining the small spot under the bridge. blues would cut bait in half, never hooked up.

·
Registered
861 Posts
We fished under the bridge Thursday night. Caught Spot and Croaker. We were using live Spot and bloodworms. Had a few of the Spot bitten in half, but didn't hook up. Beautiful sunset and a nice night time boat ride.

Mushy

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Little bit early for the striped ones, but it should not be long as the wx looks to be slowly decreasing- Kinda mad i closed my pool last month:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It is still open:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Had a few c-tails with Big Boy yesterday at a golf tourny- How is the new pad?? Get ready to hit the h2o, fish will be in soon and my cottage is always open for you and whoever you drag back from the bar:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts