Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a trail by fire Friday running my first charter of the year on the first time out this year. Was heading for my Triangle Friday morning but found birds on the Windmill reef and put 15 in the boat real quick with two keepers. Well for the next 4 hours we either caught dinks or no fish so we ran out to R2 and found the birds working and pulled out the charters limit plus one but couldn't catch the boats limit. We ended up with 13 keepers out of about 150 fish caught.
Satuday was a play/go find them day with Henry VanGils (Tammy's Rival) Josh, my brother-in Law and myself. We ran right back to R2 and bailed fish for about 2 hours with 3 keepers and 2 blues before going hunting. Well the hunting was poor I did make it out to my secret always catch on triange but few fish and all dinks. So we ran back into Windmill point and caught dinks and keeper running the 19- 25 foot contour line. Final Tally was 6 keeper and two blues out of about 130 fish caught. Plastic tipped bucktail on the wire lines bouncing bottom caught most of our fish though we did catch in the top 10 ft of water also. Saw a buddy put a 33"er in which he had to release back and heard of another 34 and 40 inch fish caught so there are a few decent fish starting to show and bite. NO sea lice Saturday but had one fish with them on it Friday. Man next year early season should be good if all the 15 to 17 inch fish grow a little.

Have a good one

Bobby

·
Registered
76 Posts
Forgot to say hey to Henry when talkin with you. We were off Gwynns doing the Tog thing. The guy we were with, as we didnt find out til we were almost there, didnt know how to put #s into his Furuno. We dont have a Furuno, so we couldnt plug them in for him. Got on some structure-not what we wanted, and found Sheephead, big Croaker, Blues and a 23" Striper. What a great day to be on the water. Toggin again next week as a guy next to us pulled in a nice one. Pickin's looked slim on keeper Stripe. Even Donnie only pulled in 3 keepers.

Mac & Sherry

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mac I'll keep those numbers secret if you send them to me like to take Josh toggin. I stay up the river so much I know very littlle about Wrecks and structure in our area to tog fish.
Sounds like you and Sherry had the right idea, caught fish and burned less gas. Heard the birds were working off that area Sunday did you see any action on your trip to your fishing spot Saturday. I normally like fishing South down that western shore here in the near future. Good ot hear from you and was comming over Sunday to see you and others but broke my VHF antenna backing into the slip. It was down but not down far enough and caught is cross brace so Josh and I did repairs a rigging Sunday.
The days I out catch or catch as many as Donnie I privately pat myself on the back because I know I'm hanging in there with in my opinion the Best Captain in Deltaville.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Those antennas will get you every time. A friend on this board gave me the #s and I'm posting to you instead of b-mailing to let him know that the #'s go no further than me as I promised. Hope you understand. I have some other spots that I hope will pan out in the next few weeks. If so, I'll put you on them. We'll hopefully be out Fri. thru the weekend this coming. Give us a yell or come by the boat for a tasty orange colored drink!

Mac

·
Registered
76 Posts
I didnt say the last name on Donnie but since you have-I'll stand him up against any on the water. Not berating his catch but when that guy has a ruff day, I consider myself lucky to have one fish in the boat. Cant leave out Teaser tho-Lord we're gettin' in trouble here Bobby! Count yourself in there to round out my list of heroes!

Mac

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mac bet you didn't know one post could get you in so much potential trouble. Yes I do completely understand your not being able to pass on those numbers and didn't mean to put you in a postion by asking. As far as Captains yea I guess thats is a sticky subject so I'll let that one go too. See you and Sherry out on the water soon. If I get into them big time I call you on the cell even though it sounds like your tog fishing next week.

Have a good one

Bobby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts