Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squeaked out a 6 fish (18 - 22") limit in the evening before dark on small umbrellas and bucktails just N of Wndmll Lgt. Fat and healthy little fish. Trolled a good part of the morning but nothing to show, so we docked and came out later. The fish / birds were in very tight schools and moving up erratically to feed and then sitting down erratically. We really had to chase them, which is typical for these early season schoolies. Beautiful wx on this day...

aye...aye...

·
Registered
213 Posts
thanks for the report.
Went out Friday at 3pm. Found lots of bait at the end of windmill bar 45' deep close to
R2 Two rods went down at the same time,both 20" fat fish. Belly full of Menhaden.
Stopped and jigged over the Bait ball,catching one after another. 18-22"

·
Registered
337 Posts
I trolled from Stingray to Windmill Sat afternoon but was unable to raise a fish. We marked some off of Stingray but had no takers. Didn't stay late as I had a guest on board who looked bored so I went in at 5pm. What were you dragging and how deep. We had one small shad on top, a blue and chartruse stretch at 25 ft and a small white bucktail on the bottom bouncing along.

Charlie

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had 2 umberllas at 35' deep that hooke up. 6" mullet storm and 5" chartruss lime shad.
Electric chicken ...no takers. Storm....no takers.

Jigging it was anything you dropped on them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good work Ahrens. Fished with some buddies of mine Friday night down at the HRBT for about 2.5 hours. Ended up with about 20 fish in the 19"-22" range. A lot of fun with the light tackle casting bucktails and 4" shad. I had to come home Saturday morning for the Freeman game, but my buddy went back out Saturday night in the same area without a bite to be found. That's fishing ! Good luck and talk to you soon.

Bandit (wayne):thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts