Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dont know how much you know, so ill start from the beginning-
a guy(mr spears from atlanta) bought the place a year or so ago, and began making very large plans for the place-- from what we could tell, he was trying to turn it into a Hilton Head. Work begins, slowly, but thats more than what had been going on for the previous 10 years. Hotel was completely re-done after the hurricane, and is in opening condition (was last fall, but he refused to open it b/c of no real front desk) They gutted the old conference center, and began rebuilding it; right now most of the exterior work has been completed, but not much has happened on the inside. All of the docks, with the exception of 2, have been torn down, and they were in the process of replacing them.
About two weeks ago, I heard that one of the general contractors, Conemara, had left the previous Wed, and not shown back up- no body really knew why, but we were hoping that it was not due to $ (there was a rumor that conemara was owed $1 mill). Last weekend, the word was that Spears had run out of money. All of the contractors were there sporadically through the weekend gathering their goods; word has it that Spears was back in ATL attempting to find more $$$$... so thats where it is right now- at a dead stop
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. I had seen the plans at the richmond boat show, and thought it was opening this spring. I hope something good happens there; some of my early childhood bay memories include spending time on my grandfathers boat moored there.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts