Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you irritated with the crazed Windscreen on your boat? Are you blinded by the sunlight and frustrated with the poor visibility? I had this problem on a 20 foot used center console that I recently purchased. I tried all types of repair techniques but as you know the crazing is internal to the material and is not repairable. The problem is caused by poor manufacturing technique and stress that windscreens are subjected to. Heat curing the item after it is made allows the windscreen to handle more stress than an uncured item would.
If you have the original wind screen I suggest you contact Precision Plastics in Beltsville, Maryland telephone 301-937 1317. They will make you an exact duplicate with an acrylic material and will heat cure it. They will not in most cases drill the mounting holes but will explain exactly how to drill the holes. Drill bit kits for acrylic are available on Amazon. My windscreen was a single piece wrap around so it required three people to mount it but on a degree of difficulty scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 4. The process was expensive (for my wallet) but if you can’t find a suitable replacement for your boats windscreen it may be worth it to you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts