Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in Potomac River on Monday near buoy #9. Boated 7 Stripers, smallest 35" and largest 42" @ 26LBS full of eggs which we released. Had a limit of three by 9:30 AM. One on white umbrella, 3 on chartreuse umbrella and 3 on chartreuse tandem rig on the 16OZ MoJo and not the 4OZ upper trailer.

Released Fish

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice job Dave. You need better looking fishing buddies! Forecast is looking better for this Monday (for now). If it holds up, I'll probably be out there with the ol' man. If you head down, email me before you leave.

Mike

Six Rascals

·
Registered
209 Posts
My fishing buddy and I were out that day too. It was windy and a bit rough but the fish bit steadily. We fished a few miles upstream from your location near Piney Point. Picked up two keepers on the Maryland side in about 60 feet of water on white umbrellas with little or no weight. These were 34" and 36"; released 7 other fish caught closer to the Virginia side, but still in 50 to 60'. All hit white umbrellas; 5 were measured and were keeper size, biggest a 37''. We released the last couple by lipping them at the side of the boat, but they looked likely to be keepers. We started trolling about 9:00 am and got the first two in about an hour. Fish bit through the entire falling tide and into rising tide when we had to leave at about 2:00 pm. We had 3 other fish on which broke off. Had one tailwalker too 3 jumps; boated - released. Great day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts