Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man, it was BLOWING out there today! Due to the direction of the wind (North) and the extremely low tide, I couldnt fish the area in front of the rocks that I normally do, but the wind/tide was making a nice eddy on the leeward side of the rocks, so I threw out a cast w/ a big Rapala Skitterpop and *BAM*, fish on! Nice 20 inch fish! This kept up for the next 45 minutes or so, every second or third cast resulting in an 18+ inch fish, biggest of the night running just shy of 23 inches. What was ridiculous was, I was literally casting underhanded to these fish they were so close to the rocks! I totally didnt expect to do well today, but it ended up being my best topwater day of the fall! :rockon:

Pics of the ones I kept:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice job. How did you get pictures of fish you are going to catch tomorrow?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I'm really enjoying these shore fishing reports. Shoreline fishing or sight-casting topwater lures to visible structure is my absolute favorite kind of fishing. There's just something extremely thrilling about throwing where you think a fish should be, then watching one explode on a surface lure. That you are getting them from the bank has to be even sweeter, like you're getting away with something and you have a secret nobody else knows about. Keep up the good work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts