Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I know I have asked before but I cannot find any of the past info !? I just got a 16' cc and live in chesapeake and love to fish for everything. I know there doing well up north on the james for the big blues but can you catch cats on the james further down this way ? I am not necessarily talking big fish, any size or type of catfish is fine with me. I love to fish for channels in the nottoway during the fall but never had any luck in the winter there.Could you catch any at places like the James river bridge or surrounding areas like the Chick ?I was just hoping there would be something a lil closer to catch a few cats during the next couple months until it warms up. Thanks in advance. Dan

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
The Chick would be a great option. As would anything up stream from there in the James. See the Claremont boat ramp thread here on the board. Put in there and just go fish the channel. 1 pounders to 100 pounders. Fish the channel edges for big cats. Fish anywhere for regular size fish.

Chick or James, they will bite all winter.

I don't know anything about the James river bridge, but my guess woud be it is too salty for much cat action.

Dayton

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dayton , I will have to give it try. If I go I will post my results. I take it mainly people cast net there bait up there, is there also places to buy it up that way ?One last question , will they eat white perch ?I have still been catching them up this way and wondered if I could use them whole or cut? Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.