Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your thoughts...:helpsmilie: I plan to run salt-a-way then prestone anti-freeze throught the engine. Do you think this will protect the engine?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Stick with the engine manufacturers instructions & you will be ok,,I don't know of any that call for antifreeze in an OB,,outboards are self draining when properly stored, anything in the cooling system will drain out of the motor

·
Registered
352 Posts
Forget the special stuff, just plain water works fine. Don't waste your time and money.
I agree,,, but I do use the salt away to flush the moter everytime then rince the boat and trailor/brakes.... been doing this for 3 yrs. and it's always done great for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you do want to run antifreeze thru your motor just for piece of mind dont use the Car antifreeze, use the -50 or -100 marine/rv antifreeze. Prestone green antifreeze is not bio-degradable. Before you put antifreeze in its more important to run a good fuel stabilizer through the fuel system and add a little bit of fog to the system to help protect the fuel pump(s) and the injectors plus the cylinders.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts