Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems I have some sort of "intermittent"problem going on and I'm not sure what it could be.Couple weeks ago I started to notice when I would go to start my outboard -2006 yammy 150 4 stroke - It would turn over slow like a bad battery but then ramp up and start.
Yesterday the problem went away but I blew a fuse at the battery -7.5 fuse .Replaced the fuse on the water ,went to start it and nothing.
Called sea tow,wile on the phone a couple minutes later I decided to crank it and she started right up. :eek2:

I'm guessing its some kind of short or loose wire or something but have yet to find anything so far.Any ideas?would greatly appreciate any advice .

Roger

·
Registered
993 Posts
Start by cleaning the ends of the battery cables at both ends and have the battery load tested and charged. If you have two batteries on a battery switch, a bad one will pull the good one down when the switch is on both. What is the 7.5 fuse for? All fuses for the engine are under the hood. The 7.5 circuit could be causing a drain on the battery. It could just be time for new batteries. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Be sure to check up in the wiring at the connector itself. I have had several problems in the past where the connector looked fine until I pulled the plastic back slightly and found GREEN corrosion up inside the plastic coating. This causes very high resistance in the wire and will/can blow a fuse.Be sure to check all grounds and wires.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, thanks for all the help and recommendations.Batt turned out fine (load tested) .The fuse was for a spreader light,unrelated.

Turned out to be a (intermittent) electrical problem with the motor.Covered under warranty.

Sorry for the late response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts