Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Kent Narrows at 5:15 - plan was to run up to Love Point then Podickory - try to jig up a few rock plus do some recon. Managed 3 shorts at Love then proceeded over to Podickory - found some nice marks but no takers. By then was time to report to Sandy Point at 7:30. On way into Sandy saw a friend who runs a charter boat out of Tilghman, he was running up to Baltimore Light. Called him to get some Intel for later and found out he had a barrell of spot, told him about Wish a Fish - he slowed to a stop and offered me a bucket to use for kids later. Picked up about 3 dozen lively spot.

Got into Sandy and gave a dozen spot to two other captains to help the cause. We got ready and waited for our family to arrive. We greeted Aidan and his grandparents, went over some safety things and we're off. Went back up to Baltimore Light on western edge in 18ft - where my charter friend had just limited and was on way home, arrived to find the fish and anchored. Setup two live lining rigs as the current was just about stopped and anymore lines would have caused major tangles. Over next 30 mins landed 3 nice rockfish in the 24-26 range. Then the bite died off as the wind and tide stopped, also causing it to get unbearably hot. Decided to take a cruise to cool down a ittle and run up close to Baltimore Light and Magothy for some pictures.

Lastly on way back to Sandy Point we met up with few other WAF boats just west of the lighthouse in 12-15 foot as that group had a decent perch bite going. Fished there for about an hour catching several nice perch, few short rockfish and even a 7" bluefish.

Picked up and ran in for lunch. We had a wonderful day out on the bay with Aidan and his family. It's no lie that I tell everyone that Wish a Fish is my favorite fishing day of the year. If you want to get addicted come join us next year.

P.S - had a few spot left and decided to try some bridge pilings on way home and caught 4 more rock 21-27.

Attachments

·
Registered
956 Posts
I was one of those with my wife worked on the shore. That was my 4th year. Best day of the year for me. Skip and Ralph do a great job. It takes a lot to get this organize. Without Skip and Ralph as well as all the volunteers this could never happen. Thanks do all the Captains who volunteered there time. Just a great day. thanks everyone again....

·
Registered
740 Posts
The smile on that young mans face say it all. (Side note those orange wooden boards I bought from you in the spring have worked perfect on my boat thanks.!!!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts