Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at Wolf Trap Light about the crack of noon with my lovely young bride aboard. Only four boats there (what a difference from the weekend) and plenty of room to get in a sweet spot. Current was rippin' and we needed 3oz. eggs to keep the baits down to where the fish were. Tried the clam fishbites and fresh clam. Caught Spades on both but the fresh did work better. The bite was a little slow until the current slowed some but we managed to catch a nice mess of 3 1/2 to 5 lbers. Don't know what has happened to the big boy bite but hope they start up again. Gonna try the Cell next but not on the weekend. By the way my wife caught the largest but then again she always does.[smile]

·
Registered
512 Posts
BT don't feel bad the ladies always out fish me too I just lie and tell them I LET them have the good side of the boat because I get to fish more than them. "Thats my story and Im sticking to it". Smaller fish at the cell too, haven't heard anything on the range lights.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Spent the day at the cell tuesday. Bite is still too slow for me. Some nice fish were caught one here one there. My buddy managed to boat two; I could only get schoolie stripers on the fly rod. Bobbers were the way to go, the spades would just nibble at the clams and had to run with it, had to let them swallow it of they'd let go if you tried to set the hook on 'em. Lots of grass blew by in the afternoon and by three the current was ripping hard . Couldn't have asked for a prettier day, you could see all the way across.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a beautiful day. We had the grass thing going on also at about the same time. Wonder where it came from? At about 7:00 the wind picked up from the south-southeast and it got a little swelly. There was a carolina skiff there and we were glad that wasn't our ride home as some swells were aproaching 2 1/2 to 3 foot. Getting ready to fry up some Spade to go along with the FRESHLY PICKED TOMATOES just out of the garden. YUM YUM WHAT A SANDWICH THIS IS GONNA MAKE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts