Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at Wolf Trap 6:30 am to find the fleet beat us there. It was already 12 to 14 boats anchored all around it. Didn't want to crowd anyone so laid outside a ways. Son managed to catch a 3 1/2 lb. Spade. Did see one boat catch quite a few but he was in the sweet spot. Some were small and some were real nice. We left and headed for the flounder at B42 and Cell area. The bay was beautiful and a decent drift was avaliable. We caught 35 croakers and no flounder. Great day to be fishing and had a good time. Hope the flounder bite picks up in that area soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice catchin up with you BT. You know how our day went. Cooking Croaker right now-just finished a dozen crabs from the pot. The bite at 42 is there if you can just get a drift and cover some ground. Power trolling seems to be the only way right now.

Mac & Sherry

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Similar luck for us too BT in the 42 area - we picked up a 19 on the first drift and that was it. Be back July 3rd as my wife and I are going to Fort Myers for a week next Saturday hoping to see some reds and trout back up in the mangroves. Keep Curtis off the big ones till we get back.

Feeshon

·
Registered
517 Posts
BT sounds like you made the same path to 42 a buddy of mine made. I couldn't fish due to daughter graduating HS but being the buddy he is he called me on the Cell phone to say small spades at Wolftrap and too crowded at Cell to spade fish so he flounder fished. 5 keepers with one Citation. Large Squid stripped up long ways and light lines. His crappie rod caught all but two of the fish including citation.Lost at least another citation at the boat and 4 other fish he never saw( don't know if he was breaking them off or they were coming unhooked). First thing I ask for was numbers but his GPS is on the blink. Sounds like you have to be in the right place at the right time and he felt the lighter you could fish the better. Might be somthing might not but If I get chance to get out there next week Im carrying my light line rig. Food for thought.

Have a good one

Bobby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.