Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a semi work day. WE are doing some workshops for teachers this summer and TOday was the field test of the Chesapeake Bay Ecology workshop. After a morning of dredging, seining, water testing, pH testing, salinity testing, and some other stuff we decided to go play. My co workers and I headed off to the 4th island for more ecological testing. This time on food chains. Our theory was if we saw a predator and offered it prey then the predator would eat. We tested the theory three times and it worked out once. So our theory was 30% correct. Of course our prey was artificial as I only had a buck tail.

We saw three cobia and got one to eat. My secretary that has never fished before caught the only cobia of the day. It was a real pretty fish and had great colors. However it was only 30 inches and had to go back. We saw two others but could not make them eat. We played with one for about 45 minutes as it would dive and come back up.

Had a good time and it was probably on the of the best "work" days I've ever had.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts