Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ride on Greg's beautiful new version of the B Faithful, a Judge 27. What a gorgeous boat:yes:. The pilot house offers all the protection you could ever want, serious deck space for fighting fish and a dry quite ride. Its no wonder you see more and more Judge's on the water. Greg, Bill, a co worker, and I ran from Sandy Pt at 11:00 to EBay hoping the high tide would start to ebb when we got to our fishing grounds. The current never seemed to move and the crabpots were bobbing straight up and down all day:confused:. We were marking lots of good bait just south of the lighthouse so we put out an 8 line spread covering the water column. Picked up one around 1pm and thought the current and fishing were about to turn on.
I guess fishing in T shirts in November is too much to ask for...not rockfish catching weather. Hours later and just one fat 26 in the box we headed to the bridge to eel. Within 5 minutes Greg hooks a NICE 35" rock suspended about 12' down from a bobber. Just a few minutes later Greg was reeling his eel and at the boat another large rock made a valiant head shaking attempt at the eel but came up short. We had couple more run offs but that was it. It was dark and the wives were calling so we headed to the barn. The drive back to SP was lit up by bridge lights, something I'll never get enough of.
From the talk on the VHF it seemed like a tough day for all, but a very enjoyable day on the water. Thanks Greg for the invite, always enjoy fishing with you.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
I was just north of you guys at 86 and we had birds and bait, but not much of a bite.
I was jigging a Hopkins shortie with a single bucktail finished hook that kept getting hit hard, but no catches. :((

It had me second guessing my skillz... :pp

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice rock at the bridge Paul. I was in Ebay most of the day and your right, the water was not moving. It started to get warm after awhile and it was a very nice day. I did manage to pull up about 8 fish up to the 26 inch mark.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Fished Ebay on Friday in Pat Malady's boat. Fishing was tough, but the day was beautiful. Managed to catch 2 keepers and 8 throwbacks on the north side of the channel in Ebay.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Paul, I had a great time. Cant wait to get out again now that we have another trick up our sleeve that works. The very slow afternoon with no water movement was quickly forgotten when we started slinging some eels :yes: I am glad we did. Within minutes I landed a fish just under 36". Shortly there after I got another eel rigged up and out under a bobber but decide to reel it in to drop it further based on marks on the finder. As I was reeling it in a large bass hit it on the surface next to the boat where we could see its bucket mouth trying to grab the eel. Unfortunately I couldnt free spool fast enough for him to take it enough to set the hook. My coworker Bill was hooked up on another bass but was new to eeling and didnt let the bass take it enough so we lost that one too. We had two other run-offs. Fun night at dusk around the bridge. Here is what I brought home for table fare.

The fish is actually closer to 36" according to my son who measured it for me. :D New boat record (not hard to do on a new boat)

Hey Paul... is the motor on?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hey Paul, we were in the Ebay as well waiting for the water to move. Saw you guys on that beautiful new Judge. I was on Mark1234's go-fast Scarab 30' CC. That almost 36" must have been a nice fish, WTG Greg:bigfish:. ...Don

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I don't know- that fish sure looks 35 7/8'' to me :D:D:D.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I will call it 35" for boat record purposes so I have a better chance at breaking it next time out. I hope to go snake charming again tomorrow or Tuesday (maybe both days) :yes:

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Got a ride on Greg's beautiful new version of the B Faithful, a Judge 27. What a gorgeous boat:yes:. The pilot house offers all the protection you could ever want, serious deck space for fighting fish and a dry quite ride. Its no wonder you see more and more Judge's on the water. Greg, Bill, a co worker, and I ran from Sandy Pt at 11:00 to EBay hoping the high tide would start to ebb when we got to our fishing grounds. The current never seemed to move and the crabpots were bobbing straight up and down all day:confused:. We were marking lots of good bait just south of the lighthouse so we put out an 8 line spread covering the water column. Picked up one around 1pm and thought the current and fishing were about to turn on.
I guess fishing in T shirts in November is too much to ask for...not rockfish catching weather. Hours later and just one fat 26 in the box we headed to the bridge to eel. Within 5 minutes Greg hooks a NICE 35" rock suspended about 12' down from a bobber. Just a few minutes later Greg was reeling his eel and at the boat another large rock made a valiant head shaking attempt at the eel but came up short. We had couple more run offs but that was it. It was dark and the wives were calling so we headed to the barn. The drive back to SP was lit up by bridge lights, something I'll never get enough of.
From the talk on the VHF it seemed like a tough day for all, but a very enjoyable day on the water. Thanks Greg for the invite, always enjoy fishing with you.
Paul,I'm jealous!!Nice Job Guys! [Mike]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts