Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe our leadership better get very concerned closer to home

May 1-fittingly, International Labor Day-Morales abruptly nationalized the country's vast oil and natural gas reserves and infrastructure. With the stroke of a pen, he transferred all privately owned assets in the hydrocarbon sector (oil and natural gas) to the Bolivian state oil company, YPFB, and gave foreigners 180 days to renegotiate their contracts or else get out. Meanwhile, companies like Brazil's Petrobras-which has ploughed some $1.5 billion into Bolivia-and Britain's BG Group, Total of France, and the Spanish-Argentine conglomerate Repsol, will have to pony up a whopping 82 percent of their earnings to the La Paz government.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope Jim just interested in looking around the globe for things which should be of interest to the USA and its citizens.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
[Q]etouffe123 originally wrote:
Nope Jim just interested in looking around the globe for things which should be of interest to the USA and its citizens.
[/Q]

Like the fact that Marxism is alive and well in the world.

Bert

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually Bert more that Marxism is becoming prevelent in our sphere of reference here in the America's. As Marxism is virtually by definition the avowed enemy of capitalism I feel a concern that it is spreading throughout S. America. Awhile back I noted that Chavez, another Marxist, of Venezuela (our 5th largest supplier of oil) gave discounted fuel oil to the needy in New Jersey. This got momentary coverage. What are the ongoing ramifications of this action?
True Bolivia is no nuclear threat, however, is nuclear the only threat that can bring harm to the USA? The attack of 9/11 was not nuclear.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too bad the moon bats did not predict that a group of arabs would come to American learn to fly commercial jets....well unfortunately you know the rest. That was more far fetched than any I have seen offered on this board.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Chris no question about it, communism is on the rise in
S. America. and the sooner we understand that whereever
a middle class does not exist it is likely to be a popular
philosophy the better.

While we wrestle with the Illegals issue we neede to understand
that the Mexican underclass are also well versed in Marxism.
And it is very likely that in the future Mexico too could go that
route.

Bert

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bert: I am reaching some of the same conclusions. In watching Venezuela it would appear that Chavez will use oil dollars for education, health care and improving the peoples condition. If successful the idea will be brought to this country by immigration. With the power of numbers.....who knows? But here is a aside...if Chavez is successful will he not then have the same problems the US faces....immigration from lesser surrounding countries to Venezuela...ironic!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts