Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out of Rudee next week and want to catch some Bleck sea bass. How far off shore do we need to go and where are the wrecks? never did this before but want to try something new

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I did the hunt and peck thing on Saturday and ended up just shy of a 3 man limit of keeper(if you gotta measure then he aint big enogh) bass INSIDE the tower.We pulled a dozen to 15 off of each piece I stopped on, we were looking for some togs, but the bass were us eatin up.

But if I wanted a sure thing, Id head to the stuff around 200ft, atleast.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If the weather looks ok, I would be interested in a buddy boat out to the triangles. I know that there was a report last week about some out there. Let me know?
Taylor

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sunday looks like the best day who wants to hook up hook up?

·
Registered
199 Posts
hey if its not to late....i would like to buddy boat with you guys out there...haven't been to the triangles in my own boat yet. Brandon

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Good luck out there guys. A tip I learned (trial and error) on the flounder out there. Try some 7" Gulp assassins. Just put them right on your standard flouder rig. They worked very, very well for me a month ago and the best part, the trash fish left them alone whereas my buds fishing with strip baits could not keep the dogs and skates off their lines. The Sea bass also like the gulps just fine...

Glenn

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since I have never fished offshore from rudee all are welcome to form our own flotilla to find the fish any suggestions as to where to fish is welcome advice, also networking via cell phones will also work to find the fish Tom

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Good luck guys... cell phone coverage will be tough out there.

Gus - I heard you boys loaded up the meat wagon.

·
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok channel 68 would work too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts