Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a virgin in the ways of fishing the wrecks off of wrightsville beach and will be there for 2 weeks with the center console in tow. We have doen fairley well on the inshore fishing in years past but would like to get some pointers on the wrecks off of wrightsville. Any suggestions. Tahnks in advance.

·
Registered
843 Posts
WENT OUT TO THE WR4 AND SOME OF THE WRECKS 10-25 MILES OUT ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND DID FAIRLY WELL. LOTS OF SNAPPER PORGIES, GROUPER, SEABASS,ETC... TAKE SABIKI RIGS WITH YOU AND TRY AND NET SOME FRESH BAIT IN THE DITCH BEFORE YOU GO OUT. THE LIVE BAIT OR LARGE CUT BAIT WORK WELL FOR THE GROUPER. ALWAYS KEEP A LIVE BAIT FREE LINING OFF THE BACK OR ON A FLAT FOR A BIG KING OR COBIA AND POSSIBLE A WAHOO DOLPHIN THIS TIME OF YEAR. YOUR SABIKI RIG WILL GET YOU SOME NICE CIGAR MINOWS AND GREEN BACKS IN ADDITION TO PINFISH AND SIMILAR SPECIES. USE A HALF OR WHOLE LARGER LIVE BAIT FOR THE GROUPER. BRING BIG RODS WITH HEAVY POUND TEST AND LEADERS FOR THE GROUPER,BLUEFISH AND AMBERJACKS THAT WILL TAKE THE BAIT. GREAT AND FUN FISHING. MAKE SURE THERE ISN'T A KINGFISH TOURNAMENT GOING ON OR YOU MAY P155 OFF SOME OF THE TOURNAMENT ANGLERS ANCHORING UP OFF OF PRODUCTIVE WRECKS.

CASEY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I will give it a ripp....I am going to try live baiting kings and amberjack at some of the wrecks...any coordinates would be helpful...I will leave out of Figure eight or Masonboro...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts