Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever used the humming bird wrist mount fish finder? It looks like a really cool idea and would be one less thing to have to mount. I'm just wondering if they're are good as they look.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Thanks guys, sheesh Ill never get rid of this thing.[grin]

In all seriousness the unit is made to be a bobber, so as long as it stays still is does well, but put it in moving water and you will not get a good signal. If they made one to fit down in the scupper, then they would have something. Get a good fishfinder, you will not be dissapointed. Check out the Garmin and Lowrance/Eagle Units.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Buy Cory's.I have 2.One for a back up.I mount my watch piece on the Scotty Rod Holder & tie off the transducer to the paddle snap from a short piece of line..I fish creeks,coves rivers and other smooth waters in my Kayak.They work great in these conditions.I have boats for larger bodies of waters so that's all I need.They use simple watch batteries so you can easily carry a spare.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
You don't have to worry about bagging it on somtehing while carrying your kakak through the woods etc.You can just put the whole thing in your pocket.if the fish move,you can cast around to relocate them without moving from your spot.Try that with a permanent mount.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cory, thanks alot. It'll probably be awhile until I get around to it... but i'll give you a shout when the time comes. I appreciate it, it's just one of those things i'd rather have someone with experience handle, or atleast walk me through. Well, while we're on the subject... can anyone name a few fishfinders worth checking out (mapping/gps?) ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.