Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
That's a cool site. I brought up Bowleys Marina and there's one boat in the whole marina under power and sure enough it's me going up between piers D&E. Shot was taken during the week because the parking lot is almost empty except for an Expedition - yep it's mine. Ain't no hiding from anyone. Just glad it's not real time or the Admiral would know if I really spent the day at the marina.:fishing2::thumbup:

Eric, how did you copy the photo? Looks like you have to join.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Eric, how did you copy the photo? Looks like you have to join.
There are many ways to protect "Photo's" on a website, but what most people don't realize is once it's on your monitor you already have a copy! You won't get the full quality of an original, but you'll get whatever you see... Here's how.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with copy/cut and Paste, well you can copy an image of whatever is on your monitor. You can copy the entire desktop or just the current window. Hitting the prtsc or print screen button copies everything. If you hold the ALT key and then print screen you get only the active window. Then, it is on your clipboard. I use paint shop pro or you can just use mspaint which comes with windows. Start/Run type MSPAINT to load and then Edit/Past (or Ctrl-V). This will put the image you copied in the window. There you can resize, crop and save as a JPG file and upload here.

Here's a screen shot of my desktop, which is the new Windows VISTA and your marina!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Thanks Eric I appreciate the primer. You'd think with all the time I have on my hands I know all this stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem Nick... Part of my job is Learning new software/Operating Systems... If you have a questions about windows (any version) I can usually answer it.

Windows VISTA has a pretty cool new interface, but do we need this update? I don't think so. Just another revenue generation by Microsoft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts