Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to draw a permit to hunt the Wye Island during their lottery black powder hunt last week, and even luckier to draw a buck permit. Hunted Thursday and saw nothing while on the stand in the morning. We then decided to do a little push through the marshes along the river and I got this bruiser. Believe it or not I was pushing and he stayed in the woods; I guess he knew the hunters were in the field. Best deer I have gotten thus far. 10 points - 195lbs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the pictures are a little small; I had to reduce them to get them to fit as an attachment. One of these days I will learn how to place pictures directly in the thread.

·
Registered
621 Posts
To post photos to the forum they must be the proper size.
This can easily be done with a image editing program.
Too large and the file size will be too large to be accepted and the image if accepted will take too long to download.
You want the photo to fit the screen.

After sizing the photo if needed..........you have to upload (store) the photo to a server space (usually provided by your internet service provider or a digital photo company, etc.

Then in your post you click on the "image" AMB Code below the smiley icons.........then cut and paste or type the address (http://www) of the location that the photo was stored in between the two sections of "

You will then show up full size in the text of the post.

Nice buck too bad the photos are not as nice.

Mark

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Congrats, Real Nice Buck!!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Great buck and good story - the drivers get the best shots on the big ones that don't want to leave that cover.

Feeshon

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pelagic,

I scouted Wye Island in early Nov. and saw some of the best buck sign I have ever seen on a Public Property, however never got a chance to get back there to bow hunt before the season closed. What part of the property did you harvest this deer from? Care to share?[grin]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't mind sharing at all. That place is full of very nice deer. I have been going there for a dozen or more years now. I had been seeing this same deer near the waterfowl refuge but I harvested him down near the end of the public property across from the Ferry Pt Trail parking area. I know it is the same deer because one of the tines is actually broken off about 2 inches or so.
Like I said I have been hunting there for quite a while and the deer are all over. I was lucky enough to get a shot at him. You know how the saying goes - "right place at the right time"

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good buck! My son & I hunted Y Island on Monday and had two running shots at this buck. Needless to say we missed... [sad]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts