Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down wed. afternoon and fished solo on Thur. Caught about 100 fish with about 10 slots and no overs. Most fish were caught on pilings between the bend and the fourth island. In the afternoon I had Gannets on 9' shoal but no huge fish.Incoming in A.M., outgoing in P.M.

Fri. I was to have Jamie and Steve F in the A.M. and Mike Upman in the afternoon, well Steve had alternator problems and didn't get down untill the late afternoon and he fished Sat. Jamie, Mike and I caught about 200 fish with over 20 being slots and one over that Jamie got. No real great bird action unless you wanted dinks under them.Tide was weird all day.

Sat. it was Steve, Mike and I and we had about the same results. 1 over that Steve got, a bunch of slots and a ton of footballs, again atleast 200 fish.Again tide was weird, seemed like incoming all day and a slight outgoing late in the day.

Today it was blowing and really foggy and I had only planned on fishing untill 11:00 or 12:00 and didn't want to go thru all the trouble in the fog for 2 - 3 hours of fishing so we found a new and I'd say better place to eat then Stingrays, its smaller but prices are great, food was great and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Also found a new ramp. Anyway we came back early but after 3 days I'm sore enough.

Nice fishing with Jamie, Steve and Mike. Also nice to see Capt. Skip, Walleye Pete. Andy, Beth and Griff (SP?) and even saw Lucian in his contender.Man thats a sweet ride.

Didn't get any pictures other than the ones Jamie posted about the first day. On Sat. we were right at the forth where both spans meet the island and the tide was keeping us right between all the pilings. We were bailing fish and a blue Jones Brothers boat was on the corner of the forth watching us and had the nerve to slowly move his way right where we were, a few times I'd say he got withing10'- 15' of us. Can't belive that people can't find their own fish and I can't figure out why I didn't say anything. Guess I'm getting to old or it's free water but I sure wouldn't pull that manuever, I'd go find my own fish which we did only a 1/4 mile away and they were a better grade of fish. Hope all of you have a great new year and for those of us who fish the WWD's you might want to get your '09 Lic. this week.

·
Registered
954 Posts
WTG JP, sounds like a lot of catching. Not much you can do about someone crowding you like that but it does suck. Bent pole radar is some powerful stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
JP, I really appreciate the invite just wish I could have been there for Friday as well but at least I made it down for Saturday. I have to say all those fish were fat as ticks and even the small ones pull hard. The one over that I caught had to weigh 20 plus pounds and very healthy looking. It was good to met Mike and boy did I have a good time and that bent rod sonar really sucks but what can you do. Thanks again JP

By the way JP think "PINK" you have to give it a try

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
JP thanks again for the invite it was a blast!....Fun fishing with Mike also....you must've caught 400-500 fish on that boat the last few days....think you may be sore for a while......:helpsmilie:
Happy New year brother..........:))

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, you're all welcome aboard, man we always seem to have a blast, I wanted to limit my colors so as to not have too many plastics on board, might have to add one more color, just a little sore, Happy New Year to you all also. Sending Furuno in tomorrow, Denton store doesn't do repairs any more, you have to sent it out west to Washington.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
JP, Sounds like you guys had a great time down there. Hope the bite holds up for this weekend as I'm taking my sons-in-laws down for a few days. Happy New Year.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Sure sounds like you guys had a great time, 100 to 200 fish per day now that has to be a blast.

JP I fished the WWDs yesterday and the river was a mess,all the water was blown out with the winds we had and muddy,also there replacing the chute at Brandon .I had to settle for perch.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
JP - I talked w/Mike last night and he told me about the trip. He said he had a great time. The weather was warm for December. Too bad it was windy on Sunday but it sounds like everyone got their share of pullage on Friday and Saturday.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
WTG JP,

glad that you had a good time. merry xmas and happy ny.

already got my sticker, need to attach to boat.
:clapping2::D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts