1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Hey Rod I just got my Adventure last week and was going to go out with Josh on Sat, but I have a rescheduled softball game on sat now. So I would like to join team Yak attack.

I am a perch novice as I always go after stripers so I will need some guidance. Also I have no installed my fishfinder yet so Ill have to tag along with you.

Ive heard good things about you from the guy at backyard boats so look foward to meeting you. cya at 4 at the park.

Jamie

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I think "Team Yak Attack" will have 3-5 people (Jamie, Rod, Josh, Steve and Jim) to represent this Friday. A few of us have fish finders on our yaks.

So hopefully we can find some perch in the river. I'm a novice too when it comes to fishing the Severn and for Perch. But I have caught a few in the river.
Jamie, I just sent you a bmail revealing my secret perch lure[wink] .

Should be fun! See ya Friday at 4PM

Rod

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Sorry I couldnt make it guys. went to stop by sheehy Annapolis Nissan to look at an xterra to haul my kayaks and other things and a guy was coming at 6pm to buy the one I wanted. So I am tied up tonight with paperwork and picking up the car.

Was the first time the trade in guy looked at a car with a 16ft kayak on top.

Hope you all had fun!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was there, but.... Got back to the launch site about 7: 30, did not see a soul and didn't understand the drill. So, I loaded my boat on the van. Then I saw the raft form. Waited a while but left before any one came a shore. Sorry, it would have been nice to meet you. Still it was a good day.
Did catch more than 30 white perch plus 5 small stripers. Every thing was on small twister tails.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Art, sorry you missed us. We met at Jonas Green Park around 4PM as mentioned above and the raft up was at 8PM in front of the park at mentioned in the SRRKC thread posted above. After the raft -up we did some more fishing under the lights. Good to hear you caught a few. What size and color twister tail were you using?

Hookin-up, I got your message. Congrats on the new truck!

Guys, we'll have to try it again and get together soon for another flotilla. The tourney was a good time. Steve led Team Yak Attack to victory! Way to go Steve![excited]

Here are the results with some pics

http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP332285722&id=404382

·
Registered
92 Posts
White and green twister tail 1 1/2 to 3" on 1/16 and 1/8oz jij heads worked for me. I used two in tandum so it got deeper. Fished around docks and downed trees in the creeks.
I got in the water about 3 and back about 7:30. I did see the raft form after I loaded the boat. I didn't unload it as I didn't know how long you were to stay together and it's a job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts