Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Have fished it a few times out of the yak, but has been rather unproductive. I think the quality of fishing there has declinded over the past couple of years. Nice place for a yak though. If the actual ditch doesn't produce, try the inlet where all the folks party in the summer. I ran through with a depth finder a couple of years ago and I recall it got down to 20 or more feet in depth. Supposedly holds some nice trout, but I haven't had much luck there either. If you do catch something, wouldn't recommend eating it. (although this has been a much debated subject in past posts)
Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The hot ditch is plenty safe to yak fish and has been producing fish. The cove west of Chesapeake yachts is also a good choice sometimes. There have been several citation specks caught there this winter. Please don't eat anything you pull out of that nasty water. Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anybody know how much Ches yachts charge for launch. Someone told me it was $10 now. Monopoly since the're the nearest ramp to the HD.

I think you can put it in at the bank in the basin BayDaze is talking about. Been awhile since I've been there. Oceans East used to have a super map of the hot ditch. Gentleman named Jim Zell had a plane take pics and then he put together a map. Best I've seen, waterproofl. I still got mine.

I'll call Jim if I can find his number and get back to the forum if he still sells them. Best $20 I spent...helped with the big ones out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts