Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you believe is a better & faster, yak?Wilderness Tarpon 12 or Ocean prowler 13?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would guess that the Prowler is faster on a 40 yarddash by a nose. If the same amount of work was applied to each kayak over a one mile course, I would say they would be close because of their similar construction and width. However the prowler would be faster. Not by enough to make a difference in my buying preference. If I wanted speed I would choose a 15 or 16 foot yak, and a wider paddle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with Juke. There is not that much of a difference between the two kayaks to make me buy one over the other by speed alone. It would come down to how comfortable I was in each kayak, the different setup possibilities and so on. So its more a personal preference than a speed choice. If you want fastert, go longer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Except, that the Prowler 13 holds over 400-425 lbs , and the cockpit console is better setup for fishing, and the tank well is twice the size. Its a much drier ride in the seat and well area as well.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The main reason I chose the T120 over the prowler was the foot braces. I rented an Ocean Kayak in Nags Head last year and found the moulded in foot braces to be very uncomfortable, plus I like the seat alot better.

I'm ready for a race anytime[grin]

DARREN

·
Registered
23 Posts
[Q]carp originally wrote:
The main reason I chose the T120 over the prowler was the foot braces. I rented an Ocean Kayak in Nags Head last year and found the moulded in foot braces to be very uncomfortable, plus I like the seat alot better.

I'm ready for a race anytime[grin]

DARREN
[/Q]

Ditto! ...... Darren.......................I give a thumbs up to the Tarpons plastic seat. I wasnt very impressed initially, but after I actually went out on the water with it, I found it very comfortable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts