Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to commit to a larger boat with twin Yam F250TXR engines. I currently have a 2005 Yam F225 on the boat I own and have run it over 200 hrs this year with absolutely no problems. Does anyone have experience with the F250TXR? I can opt down, if necessary.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I have a Yam 200 SXR (Saltwater Series) and have loved it for the 10 hours I've put on it since November when I bought it. I know a number of others have 225 SX's and consider them "bullet-proof" (Megabyte and Goose70). I'm not positive what model the TXR is, but assuming its an EFI 2-stroke, the only thing I've heard is that their O2 sensor can be overly sensative, and if you don't use Ring Free fuel additive all the time you'll have problems.

I wanted a 4-S, but I couldn't justify spending an extra $6K just to have a quiet engine. Also didn't want to hang the extra 100# off the transom. Especially when repowering a 20 year old boat.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
hey, I had to get some info off the engine for my dealer and the exact model I have is SX200TXRC, and this is the EFI 2 stroke Saltwater Series II. I think that's what you're getting. Good engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts