Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winterized my Yamaha F150 yesterday. Put her on ear muffs and started her up. Nothing came out the pee hole and eventually the overheat alarm went off.

Talked with the marina mechanic and he said that's a common problem for the bigger Yamahas - ear muffs don't work well. The impeller was new at the beginning of the season and I had the boat out last week with no problems - pee hole was working well. Pee hole is not clogged as I was able to flush her through the passive water connection and water poured out the hole.

Anybody else had problem with Yammies and ear muffs? Anybody have a particularly good ear muff that fits over the Yamaha intakes?

Thanks,

Aches n Pains

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Winterized my Yamaha F150 yesterday. Put her on ear muffs and started her up. Nothing came out the pee hole and eventually the overheat alarm went off.

Talked with the marina mechanic and he said that's a common problem for the bigger Yamahas - ear muffs don't work well. The impeller was new at the beginning of the season and I had the boat out last week with no problems - pee hole was working well. Pee hole is not clogged as I was able to flush her through the passive water connection and water poured out the hole.

Anybody else had problem with Yammies and ear muffs? Anybody have a particularly good ear muff that fits over the Yamaha intakes?

Thanks,

Aches n Pains
Yes, very common.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
The better motor muffs have two water inlets - not just one.

Tuesday night at 6pm- the Severna Park Boater's World will have a FREE winterization seminar and offer 10% discount :clapping2:.

They sell the better motor muffs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts