Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 saltwater series has set for one year without starting. Now it is not getting fuel.

It is fuel injected.

The gas in the bowl was stale and the gas in the tank seems fine.

The problem now the gas is not getting to the plugs.

What would counl be wrong?

Thanks CBay

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I'm not as familiar with the fuel injected models, but with a carbed model the fuel inlet to the bowl is a small needle valve with a rubber seat. If left sitting for a long time with the bowl full the valve will get stuck. You have to pull the bowl off, then pull the float to get to the needle valve.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Cbay,

I agree w/ Darren.
You might also try 'starting fluid' to get it fired, perhaps it will continue to run & eventually clear the clog, but w/ degraded performance.
If it's fuel injected, you'll hear the low pressue fuel pump energize/come on when turning the key just prior to starting I think.
I presume that you also checked your fuel/water separator, fuel filter, and like Bigmouth stated that you squeezed your primer bulb until it was firm?
You may have also picked up something from the bottom of your tank since its sat for a while and sediment/contaminants etc. will have settled to the bottom.
Last thing, was it E10 fuel? If so & not treated, suspect the hydroscopic syndrome (water globules) that can make anything not want to run right & surely linked to clogging fuel lines. It nixed my GENSET until I put another fuel/water separator to it.
Evan.

Fishing from the Gulf of Mexico to the Norfolk Canyon on the GW 330 Express DAWGONIT

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bulb works. and I drained the gas. Refilled everything using the buld. Still nothing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you not gettin fuel and you try to use starter fluid or something else, beware you could do damage to the cylinder walls. I don't think starting without knowing you have fuel supply is a good idea. JMO.

·
Registered
563 Posts
2 strokes don't like ether, sounds like you have tried the simple stuff, might be time to take it to a technician.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts