Tidal Fish Forum banner

Yamaha 225 Four Stroke Cowling USED

Need some Help 
6K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Ktrain 
#1 ·
My cowling was damaged back in December. Ther repair is unacceptable and I am in need of a cowling.

Anyone have a used Cowling in good condition, let me know.

Thanks.

Lucian
C: 757-535-6868

#2 ·
Lucian, Call Max. Marina Shores damaged one of mine that was brand new and they replaced it with a new one. The damage was only the size of a quarter. They may be keeping it for a spare or may have repaired it and want to sell it. All i know it was a f225 with the red sport lettering 09-10 model. Casey

#3 ·
Lucian, Call Max. Marina Shores damaged one of mine that was brand new and they replaced it with a new one. The damage was only the size of a quarter. They may be keeping it for a spare or may have repaired it and want to sell it. All i know it was a f225 with the red sport lettering 09-10 model. Casey
I just tried Max and he doesn't have one...

Anyone else???

I have feelers out with a few others, just would like to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

#5 ·
Damn Lucian, sorry they didn't take care of the damage properly. Id assume you've already checked Budget Boats and E-bay? I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Bret:
Yeah, they tried to paint it but it doesn't match and it's not a very good job. I am just going to eat it and buy another one, it's just easier for me.:censored::surrender:giveup8:chill:

I tried Craig and he is out for now, but will keep his eye open, I know one will come up sometime... You know me I want my boat to look a certain way and take extra good care of her.

I'm fishing with Kevin for stripers tomorrow, then going to try and finish changing my macerator pump, if I can get her off.

I'll be looking for weather to either trailer SOUTH for TUNAS or go DDDDEEEEPPP and fish the structure I found a few months ago. I do believe it might hold some interesting CRITTERS....:fishing2: I'll be Calling!!!:thumbup::yes:

#7 ·
Good luck with the Striper. Reports have been pretty bad the last week. I'm heading East in the morning in search of Tog. Assuming the forecast doesn't do an about face on me. If you venture out, call me on the radio.
Bret:
They WHACKED them today.... I'll be a passenger tomorrow for a change... Catchem Up... Tog Bite is ON... Heading out 0630 tomorrow..

#8 ·
Lucian,

Wendy & I will likely head offshore to try some fishing. Planning on heading to Eureka, then to the deeper water east 8nm, then head back to the coast and troll for Stripers. Yeah, I know, I know...Wil...fishing?...with rods?? I didn't say I was going "catching", just fishing.

Wil

#17 ·
If you can't find one at a decent price I can repair and paint to look like new. Have done numerous cowlings. Coastal fiberglass.
Thanks, I'll let you know...

BTW: What's your number?

I did find one in Fla., just trying to get some compensation from the one who damaged mine.. I'd rather replace it with a used one in good condition than have it repainted again. The color and quality of the job done was pretty bad.

#18 ·
My number is 540 455 5638, I run coastal fiberglass here in Hampton roads. Not sure who did it before but it will look factory when it leaves my shop. Also it would be sprayed with imron. Best of the best. Tons of references if you would need them. I will warranty any paint I spray for 10yrs.

#19 ·
My number is 540 455 5638, I run coastal fiberglass here in Hampton roads. Not sure who did it before but it will look factory when it leaves my shop. Also it would be sprayed with imron. Best of the best. Tons of references if you would need them. I will warranty any paint I spray for 10yrs.
Thanks, I'll let you know..

#26 ·
I've called them 3 times so far, they only have a newer one and it doesn't match my current cowling. I may have to buy decals and repaint...

Coastal Fiberglass is looking like the way to go... I am just concerned about color match... I'd like to see one he's done first....

There is another cowling in California and it's the exact same one as mine, he is just dragging his feet on getting a quote on shipping...

#28 ·
Lucian- If I paint it and your not happy for any reason, you do not have to pay. I use a spectramoter (SP). It will be very, very close. Not even in the relm of the job you already got. I guarantee it. I am at $400 plus the decals to repaint it.
Thanks... Looks like that's what I am going to do...

I will call you sometime today...

BTW: Yamaha Decals are $$$$$$$$$$$, even with a commercial discount................

BTW: I always pay for what I get, I just want a good job in return and from what you are stating I believe you will do me right...

#33 ·
Give me a call anytime, looking forward to doing it. I will get it squared away
Thanks.... I just bought a used one that's in pretty good shape...

I saved the old one for a spare, I may have you paint that one and put the new decals on it.. I'll let you know when I get time..

I am also letting the marina know about your offer and quality of work for future use. I wish you well...

Thanks,
Lucian

#35 ·
No problem, Im glad you found one that was a good deal. If you want to sell that old one let me know. I will be painting Knot Tellin's next week, you can check it out next time you see the boat.:thumbup:
Thanks Again...

I looked my supposedly FIXED cowling over again today and it's a pretty rough job..

Tell ya what, it's YOURS for FREE... I know you can fix it and if you can make a buck off it that's fine by me...

Call me and I'll meet you to deliver it. It's still in my truck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.