1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Year 2000
Model SX 250 OX66 Saltwater seris
H.P. 250

Boat get up and runs, If we push it hard (4900rpm's)
it stops in it's tracks.
It will re-Fire and Cruise , if you take it easy.

it's not the Suction side sreen on the Pump housing, nor the Fuel filter on the Motor.

any Ideas?
Les

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Fuel Pump/s!!Have a Buddy that had the same problem/same Motor,Run Her up,then it felt like someone would just turn the key off.Started right up,would idle fine,run Her up and the same thing.Think it was the High Pressure pump if I remember correctly. [Mike]

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would check the oil. Most have a sensor to tell if oil is low and will shut engine off, before letting it cause real trouble.

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
this happened to me last december. i could run good around 4200 rpm`s but if i pushed it higher it would shut down or the power would cut way back. i replaced a lot of stuff listening to everyones ideas and spent unnecessary money. ended up being the fuel pump. i replaced all on one motor and haven`t had any problems since. my motors are 1999 250 h.p. ox 66`s. thought about repowering but these have never given me any serious problems.

·
Registered
376 Posts
filters

Replace them, all of them including the one that is a bear to get to in the bottom of the fuel pump.... If you don't change them regularly you will run you motor lean and burn a piston.

·
Registered
288 Posts
VST tank the filter on the bottom of the HP pump is stopped up, you can clean it but its best to replace it you can do this your self it swings around then pull it down and off reinstall and prime the tank...(its running out of gas at throttle) this should do the trick good luck

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still trying,,
It's not the High pessure Fuel pump,nor the screen at the bottom of it.

Guess i'll move on to the 3 fuel pumps.

Les

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you try blowing in the screen filter on the bottom of the HP pump they really don't look stopped up?? Its a big difference between an old one and a new one..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts