Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a speedy sleeve installed and or oil pump seal? 02 f225 exhaust work done prior to me buying boat. What should I expect ? $,$$$ . Hope it's nothing more serious.

·
Registered
59 Posts
IH - I have an 04 f225 and just had the entire exhaust system, oil pan/pump replaced due to the dreaded corrosion issues. my repair cost $2500 including parts and labor. Are you loosing oil through your exhaust and do you know if the oil pan was replaced with the exhaust?

·
Registered
219 Posts
IH - I have an 04 f225 and just had the entire exhaust system, oil pan/pump replaced due to the dreaded corrosion issues. my repair cost $2500 including parts and labor. Are you loosing oil through your exhaust and do you know if the oil pan was replaced with the exhaust?
I just bought a boat with twin '03 f225s, what were the sign of the corrosion issue? Without tearing the motor apart and looking??

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I just bought a boat with twin '03 f225s, what were the sign of the corrosion issue? Without tearing the motor apart and looking??
The corrosion problem can be looked for by droppingthe lower unit and using a scope to look up the exhaust. Usually when. Its bad you will have an overheat situation. Get a good Yamaha tech to look for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think anything other the exhaust sleeves were done . I requested it done before purchase, I was not aware of other issues. Of course the seller was not going to do it without me asking . seemed to me it was coming from shaft seal. I'm not sure , should know by Wednesday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts