Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my older Mercury I could disconnect the gas line from the engine wih a simple quick connect. When I looked at my Yamaha F115, the fuel line goes into the engine with the bundle of wires for the engine control and there is no visible quick connect.
If I remove the rubber grommet that hold this bundle in place, will I find a quick connect ?

My plan is to use a fitting that will plug into the quick connect so the valve is open and then pump out a couple of gallons of gas using the bulb to make sure that there is no water in the tank before starting up . The local Yamaha dealer sold me a brass fitting that goes on the gas tank and connects to a quick connect on the gas line.He tested it on a replacement hose he had in the shop. It work fine ---but when I got home I didn't readily see the quick connect . Just wanted some expert advice before I started doing something I might regret. Has anyone tried this approach ?

·
Registered
993 Posts
You won't find a quick connect at the engine. If you did, there's always the possibility that the o-ring could leak and you would suck air causing a lean condition and burn a piston or two. Water settles to the bottom if the boat sits fpr a while and then gets picked up as you rock and roll along the water. As far as pumping water goes, you would only pump water if the level of the water was above the draw tube. The tube is above the bottom of the tank. You would do well to install a 10 micron fuel/water separator to protect you investment. They have a clear bowl and you can see any water and contaminents. Hopefully, your dealer installed one. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts