Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Yamaha 225 4 stroke is suffering from the notorious overheating issue. Can someone recommend a good Yamaha mechanic in the Annapolis area?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Many including myself use Ed Miler, technically very knowledgeable, super honest and fair, he believes in what goes around comes around and treats his customers right - 410.375.1638.

- Mark aka Fishstat

·
Registered
439 Posts
Glen Miller "Miller's Mobile Marine- 443-623-4100" seems very knowledgeable and reasonably priced $90/hr. He's out of Pasadena. I called him on a Thursday and he was out the following Monday.

·
Registered
439 Posts
BTW, have you checked your poppet recently or just replaced your water pump recently? I'm asking this because I had my water pump replaced this spring. After that I started getting the overheat on my '07 225. Did a lot of research and guys were saying after a water pump replacement the poppet needed to be replaced. Had the online experts at yamahaoutboardparts.com tell me it was my exhaust stack. Replaced the poppet and the overheat went away.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was told the corroded exhaust shouldn't show up into well over 500 hrs. Watch out for mechanics that want to scope right off the bat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts