Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good tech to check out the f225 yamaha on a boat i'm thinking of buying.The boat survey is all set up but since the owner tells me he flushes the motor with the hose attachment while running it i think i want it checked out.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need a good tech to check out the f225 yamaha on a boat i'm thinking of buying.The boat survey is all set up but since the owner tells me he flushes the motor with the hose attachment while running it i think i want it checked out.
I need some ideas if anybody in the area knows anyone who does this.The boat surveyors seem to need the work so i suppose guys that do the motors would also.My problem is i'm hours north and don't know the area. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Yamaha Tech

A friend of mine had a similar situation with his boat and the TFer's came back with 2 good recommendations. Bills Marine - The Hydrasport Dealer and also Don at Sports Inc. on Rt.17 at the York County Line.

If you need a very good boat surveyor call me about mine! Cell 804 627 1575.

Good Luck in Your Boat Selection,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can anyone help me with the phone number for these dealers? i appreciate any help. Rick

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Don at Sports Marine will take good care of you. A few years ago he did a survey on an engine of a boat I was selling. Gave him a ring and drove it by and he went through it and wrote it all up. Made the guy buying my rig feel a lot easier about it.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You may run into the impeller burning up or other issues. The yamaha manual states that the motor should not be run while being flushed by the hose attachment. My guy who is only one of 100 master yamaha techs says just to flush with the hose attachment for 15 minutes each side and do not put ears on it or run it. Im not sure about winterizing or any of that stuff.

This guy is the man

Chris

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may run into the impeller burning up or other issues. The yamaha manual states that the motor should not be run while being flushed by the hose attachment. My guy who is only one of 100 master yamaha techs says just to flush with the hose attachment for 15 minutes each side and do not put ears on it or run it. Im not sure about winterizing or any of that stuff.

This guy is the man

Chris

Thanks for the numbers guys i really appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts