Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been fishing for perch yet? Was gonna try the spillway on Ricaud's branch Rd near Rock Hall today or maybe over in Millington. Just wonderinging if anyone has had any success. Have some corn meal and peanut oil that would love to meet some tasty perch filets!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I've heard some early reports that a few row females have been caught at Tuckahoe. If we have a few warm days together next week I'll give Grays Run an early morning look see.:thumbup: That's about as far as I'm willing to drive for 5 fish. .I'm waiting to hear something about Red Bridges for the WP run.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My brother lives 3 minutes from Wye Mills and says nothing reported there so far.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you head out to try your hand fishing for yellows take a few moments and drop Ken Hasting a email about your trip. He's looking for the following information;

Date and Time:

Water Conditions:

No. of Days Since Rain Event:

No. of Egg Masses:

Time fished

Fish caught and sizes

Observations: For prime sites, number of fishermen, number of cars, sizes and quantities of fish caught. For all sites, anything interesting or unique, special access options or limitations, beaver dams or other blockages, etc.

Email the info to [email protected]

The few minutes you take helps build a better picture of our yellow perch fishery.

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
The Gunpowder is high & muddy.All the bucket fisherman packed up early today to call it quits.It will take several days if not a week to clear up.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
I haven,t targeted them, but they should be running now. they usually start running about the same time the cold weather breaks (which was about a week ago). they are probally close to their peak now. If you wait for internet reports to tell you when to go, you will miss the run completely. they usually only run for a couple weeks.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Fished from Black Water north to upper Tuckohoe this morning with bloods, grass shrimp and minnows only 1 WP @ 5" to show for 7 hours.... not yet, by my view anyhow.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
They are staging in the Annapolis-area, now. The run may start this weekend, or it may hold off until around next weekend (after the next cold front). St. Patricks Day is the "traditional" run, but it varies by tributary and may only last a week, or can go on for two or more. In tidal rivers the Y. Perch don't always run way up creeks (as Whites do). They someotimes spawn and hang their egg strings right at the mouths of the creeks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Wayson's

This evening on my way back from working on my friend's boat I checked out the Hill's Bridge fishing. One guy had a stringer with 3 keepers. Another guy told me that the run hadn't started yet. I hope I get my boat back soon :D I'm figuring they should light up in the next couple weeks if we get some warm weather.

Hammer - Ken is working for the CCA? I know him from when he worked for MDNR. When I get out I'll report.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I spent the afternoon in the area around 404 south to Federalsburg and did not see anyone catching YP's. I stopped at 5 or 6 of the usual spots and the concensus is that it hasn't started yet. One report of some females at Tuckahoe a few days ago, but not now. It hasn't started yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts