Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've been having banner days on beautiful yellows for the last few weeks . I think we have them dialed in pretty well .:D I noticed alot of roe ribbons at low tide this afternoon . The bigger fish have been biting the best just as the sun goes down . I left them biting at dusk this evening . My two buddies were both hooked up as I was walking off the creek . Here is a pic of two nice ones . I'll post more later .
Bait de jour

·
Registered
858 Posts
Looks a little roe ladden if you ask me. If they are it's a shame they didn't get to lay their eggs. :rolleyes:
You make a very very valid point, and I agree 100%. We recs cannot throw stones at the comms for netting and then target the same fish during the spawn.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You make a very very valid point, and I agree 100%. We recs cannot throw stones at the comms for netting and then target the same fish during the spawn.
You don't see me throwing stones at anyone . I rarely fish for yellows in MD . These fish were caught in a millpond spillway in Delaware . There is no size limit and a 25 fish creel limit . There are a gazillion yellow perch in Delaware and even though I'm a MD resident , I don't need a license to fish Delaware tidal waters . The perch in Delaware don't receive anywhere near the commercial pressure that their MD cousins do . I have no problem havesting these fish and don't have to deal with a billion other "Anglers" crowding the shoreline struggling to find a 9" keeper . It's no big secret as to where to find these tasty critters so I say : HAVE AT IT !:bigfish: :thumbup: By the way , You too can get in on some of this action . Fish the spillways at Williams , Records or Concord Ponds with small jigs or big minnows . A big bull minnow or 3" Finesse Minnow (as pictured) will draw bites by the bigger fish . Forget trying to get them at mid-day . Fish at dawn , or better yet , at dusk .:yes:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Michael,

Don't get me wrong...March always meant yellow perch with my brother and grandfather...Love catching and eating them. My only point is that given the multiple threads talking about yellows, if we are addressing the nets then we must look at the rec side as well.

Don

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Michael,

Don't get me wrong...March always meant yellow perch with my brother and grandfather...Love catching and eating them. My only point is that given the multiple threads talking about yellows, if we are addressing the nets then we must look at the rec side as well.

Don
Like I said , I'm not fishing in MD and gave up on the MD politics concerning YP a long time ago . I use to make the annual pilgrimage to Allens Fresh , Waysons Corner , Wye Mills , Red Bridges , etc., etc. . It was a young boy's right of passage .I don't even bother anymore . Too many people and too little fish . I think I will just go ahead and fillet these for lunch :

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Nice fish Mike! Looks like you had a great time!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Very nice fish. Yellow perch are beautiful and even better to eat! Why does everything have to get so political around here. Nice Fish!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts