Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to head there one day this weekend to visit my father. He lives near harry hogan , wanted to take my boys and take him out. He doesnt get out much anymore after his stroke. Where would be a good place to put the guy's on some fish? Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Not sure what you're fishing for but bouy # 9 out in front of there has been producing nice Stripers. May have better luck for them by heading farther down river. Croakers should be biting at the mouth of the Yeocomico (Birthday Cake). Drifts between there and Sandy Pt. usually produce, try shrimp or suid as bait. Hope this helps.

Mushy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep, what Mushy said. Also, for croaker, if it is windy you can stay in the Yeocomico and fish close to the crab pots on either side or close to the channel markers (outside the channel). The Spring season is winding down but has been hot between #9, #7, and the SM buoy.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I fish out of Port Kinsale Marina and last Tuesday morning 5/17, caught 40 inch 25 lbs 12 oz Striper on charteuse umbrella rig no inline sinker in about 50 feet of water halfway between 9 and 7 heading up river from 7. Tried fishing for croaker on Monday but no takers. Fishing again this Monday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yep, me too, a 45 inch down deep with a mojo, upriver of #9 but I think they are heading out. The upside is that I have allways caught my biggest fish as they are heading out. I didn't get out today, but listened to the radio when I could and it sounded like there wasn't much going on. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

23 Posts
This is a oyster bed on the left side (when looking for land) right off the Yecomico river. produces some really nice coaker when they are there. My friend and i caught two 18" from the bed last weekend on squid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts