Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the wind was blowing a little, 20-30 kts, on Saturday & Sunday, my son-in-law and I decided to use the small boat and fish the Yeocomico River. We caught a bunch of white perch, 4-5 under size puppy drum, 1 small speckeled trout, and 1 palm size flounder. All fish caught on white beetle spin lures. A couple of weeks ago we fished the same areas and caught small stripers and bluefish to go along with all the other fish, but no stripers or bluefish in shallows this past weekend. Shallow water light tackle fishing is fun when fishing the main Potomac or Bay is out of the question. Fished rip-rap and down trees along the shore. Sunday, John, caught a 13" white perch (pic below). Also a pic of small striper from Oct 4th weekend.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Was out today and trolled bucktails and sassy shad over a wide area at the mouth of the Yeocomico with small rock and 3 small blues. Lots of bird action all over the river but they are dipping into tiny glass minnows with no signs of fish. Got to come soon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
2nd - Plenty Of Bait

Basshby & Coan Ranger:

Went out yesterday after work (Mon, 10-20) and there was bait all around inside of #7, the "glass" minnows, or "rain minnows" like I like to call them. Cast some to the schools, surface lures and curly tail grubs, tried jiggin', still no takers. Tried trolling too, nothing. Oh well.

Plenty of Bait, so they WILL be here (eventually).

Biding my time,

-makoman

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dave & Coan
My son-in-law and I did about the same as you in Hull Ck. this weekend (reds up to 16" trout to 13" and a bunch of WP to 12" or so.... a lot of fun).
I got out in front of the creek today and got 4 rock - 1 - 18" and 2 - 16" 1 - 13"and a 15" red. I have fished birds 3 times this year but all blues.... not a striper under them for me yet. Good luck guys!
Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts