Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the way upper upper with my brother in law for about 2 ½ hours this afternoon. Tide was way high and there was lots of grass and floating debris along the shores. The water temp was 63 degrees and the water quality is the best that I have seen all year. We caught loads of perch, some small rock around 15 inches or so and three catfish, two were around 6 lbs. All were caught using blade baits and dropper flies. We had numerous doubles of rock, perch and rock and perch. My brother in law even had two perch on the blade bait at one time. Wouldn't you know that both of us forgot to take our cameras. We had one school of breakers in about 7 ft. of water but they were 12-14 inch fish. We couldn't get below them because they were all the way to the bottom. My brother in law hooked one larger fish on a rattle trap, and it broke his line before he got it close enough for us to get a look at it. Most of the perch were decent sized with some nice black backs mixed in. I have 20 of them in the cooler. Planning on trying for some crabs on Thursday.

It is nice to be retired!!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Work sure does get in the way of all outdoor activities. The only problem with being retired is you have to get older to be able to retire-unless you win the lottery!

We were all the way up.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Nice report Jerry from the way upper. Never caught real blackbacks up here before (compared to summer blackbacks in the mid bay) but with the water the way it is, not too surprised. Way to find the fish! Hoping to get out this weekend somewhere north or south, like G-man been a while myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts